MegaWatt Ventures Competition
The 2013 MegaWatt Ventures competition will take place on the Tuesday, September 24th as the first day of the Innovation Concourse of the Southeast Showcase (ICSE). The ICSE is an exciting event that brings together up-and-coming small technology businesses, industry-leading corporations, innovative university researchers and countless regional resources to foster a perfect network to build commerce. The Showcase will take place on September 24th – 25th at the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) in Tampa, FL.
All 10 Megawatt Ventures finalists will give a 15 minute presentation followed by a 15 minute Q&A session with our esteemed panel of judges from across the energy industry and the nations top venture capital firms. One of these 10 companies will be selected by the judges to receive $100,000.
The Megawatt Ventures finalists will be joined by over 60 of the most promising energy and environmental companies from the region. For more information on the Showcase or to register please visit the ICSE website at http://www.innovationconcourse.com/.
We are proud to announce the following list of Megawatt Ventures judges, many of whom will be attending both days of the Innovation Concourse Showcase.
The Megawatt Ventures Judges include:
- Kathya Mahadevan – Battelle
- Dr. Todd Wetzel – GE Global Research
- Dr. Edward Greer – DOW Chemical Company
- Dr. Purnesh Seegopaul – Pangaea Ventures
- Michael Kuntz – Boeing
- Todd Smith – DT Search and Design
- Dr. Jim Drakes – Aerojet RocketDyne
- George Gramatikas – Turbine Technology Services and Florida Angel Nexus
- Dr. Tushar Ganpule – 3M
- Frank Bevc – Siemens
- Christina Karapataki – Schlumberger Early Ventures
- Dr. Sven Harmsen – BASF Venture Capital America Inc.
Innovation Concourse of the Southeast Agenda:
Tuesday, September 24
7AM – 8AM Registration and Breakfast Founder’s Hall
8AM – 3PM Exhibition Set-Up continued Exhibits Gallery